Update June 2020: Preparing for inside services starting June 28
Sunday, June 28 - 8:45 & 11:00 services taking place INDOORS IN THE WORSHIP CENTER. While the ultimate goal is to return to a full schedule of ministries and events, and we will eventually get there, we will ease into these following guidelines from both the CDC and the NC Dept. of Health & Human Services. Here are the precautions we are taking at this time:
- All doors to the building will be unlocked with hand sanitizers just inside each entrance.
- All doors to the Worship Center will be open at all times.
- Face masks are recommended (bring your own...we will have a few on hand).
- Seating will be every other pew (they will be marked).
- Please maintain social distancing inside the building and in seating.
- There will be no bulletins, prayer lists, hymn books, or pew Bibles.
- No children's church or nursery, but a children's sermon led by Melanie and children's worship bags will be offered.
- No offering will be collected while in the seats; instead offering plates will be at each entrance (and of course, you can still give online, by mail, or by visiting during the week).
- Exiting the Worship Center will be done by sections.
This is still the time that we are doing worship services only (so no Sunday School). During the time between the two services Session members will clean exterior door handles, restrooms, water fountains, etc, with extensive cleaning during the week to prepare for the next Sunday. And your Session will continue to monitor safe guidelines and will revisit these precautions at our August 3rd meeting.
Know that we are acting out of an abundance of caution because of an abundance of love for each of you as you are a vital part of this church family.
Lastly, offering online services will be in place from now on. So, if you are in anyway prohibited from attending in person, beginning June 21, both services will always be live on Facebook, YouTube, and through our church's website.
While we're not yet returning to Sunday School, the Fellowship Hall is available for classes and Bible study groups to use during the week. Please call the church office to reserve your group's selected day and time.
Additional Information for parents/Families
We are working hard to make church as safe as possible for our families. Here's what to expect:
- The Children's Church and Nursery rooms, along with all Sunday School rooms, will remain closed at all times until further notice. Please do not enter those rooms for any reason.
- Diaper changing stations are located in all the restrooms.
- The nursing area (Room 202) will remain open.
- There will be children's packets available in the entry way before service. Kids are welcome to bring their own crayons/pencils.
- During the Children's Sermon, children will remain in their seats with their families.
- Our Children's Ministry has a Google Classroom with lots of fun and engaging activities that families can use at home to help children further their walk with Christ. Please email Mrs. Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the login information.
Update June 2020: Preparing for in-person services starting June 21
Sunday, June 7 & 14 - we continue as we are, both services online
Sunday, June 21 - a real, live gathering...2 of them in fact...8:45 & 11:00...OUTDOORS...stay in vehicles, stand outside, or bring a lawn chair. Set up will be in the back of the church with worship leaders under the drive-thru overhang, with plenty of sound system and speakers. Please remember to maintain social distancing. Both services will be live-streamed so they will still be seen on Facebook, Youtube, and our church's website. In case of inclement weather, there will be no outdoor services, but they will be live streamed.
As of May 8th Gov. Cooper announced the beginning of Phase 1 for the re-opening of NC as it relates to Covid-19. As the criteria for each phase is met, your church Session is closely monitoring so we can take the next steps toward resuming a full schedule of events. In the meantime, here is what you should expect…
CHurch office open;all other activities cancelled/postponed
The church office is OPEN for you to stop by, but all other church activities are cancelled/postponed until further notice. We encourage you to continue to connect with one another virtually or by phone. Don’t forget to let us know of any needs you’re aware of within our community. Please share this information, especially with those you know are not on social media.
Worship gatherings online only
We recognize the Coronavirus is on everyone’s mind right now. The uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. Yet we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. We know Jesus is still King and we will continue to worship Him, even if our corporate worship needs to be in a different format for a time.
We want you to know we are complying with government requests and recommendations. As a part of that, we are canceling our in-person Sunday gatherings effective immediately and until further notice. Instead, we will provide online streaming of both the 8:45 and 11:00 services, beginning this Sunday, March 15 on Facebook. Please stay tuned for more details about that and plan to join us online this Sunday! In the meantime, be sure you have “liked” our church on Facebook. You can go to fb.me/bhpres to find us!
While we cannot control the virus, the spread, or the impact it has in our church, we’re doing everything we can to follow guidelines and make wise decisions. We appreciate your support and patience as we navigate these unprecedented times. As the church becomes aware of ways we can help tangibly, we will pass that along. Please also join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
In Psalm 46, we are reminded that it is God who is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, let us not fear, but with confidence use this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus through our prayers and our care for others.
We look forward to seeing you online on Sunday!
For more information on COVID-19 and ways you can protect yourself, please visit: